I was invited to the soft launch party of a new boutique hostel in town – Five Stones Hostel. If you’ve read my travelogue, you will know that I would usually choose hotels that are extremely comfortable, good accessibility to food & shopping places and most importantly, safe.
- Dirty – Imagine having to deal with bed bugs and dirty toilets. Oh gosh, I can’t stand uncleanliness!
- Dangerous – Sharing a room with strangers is bad enough, what if they resort to stealing, molesting and other nonsense?
- Uncomfortable – Hard bed? No way, I need my plushy beds!
However, Five Stones Hostel made me changed my opinion on hostels! Let the pictures do the talking!
- Lounge Area – You can watch TV, mingle around or read a nice book here! See those adorable five stones pillows lying around? They are handmade by the owners, how cute!
- Internet Kiosk – Feeling bored? Feel free to use the computers provided to check your mail and surf the net. Not forgetting to mention, there is free WiFi throughout the hostel!
- Snack Corner – Free breakfast is included, with local breakfasts on Tuesdays!
- Washing Machines – Backpacking is all about traveling light. Hence, washing machines are provided for you to wash your laundry.
- Shower Areas – Male and females have separate shower areas. Toiletries are all provided!
- Storage Lockers – To keep all your barang barang safely.
Now on to the rooms!
The themed rooms are specially designed by local artists. Each of its 9 rooms is tastefully designed with a Singaporean cultural icon such as Vanda Miss Joaqium, Pick-Up Sticks and Chapteh. My favorite would be the Hopscotch room hee hee! Absolutely love the wall murals. Price for a bed starts from S$30 onwards.
Those who prefer privacy can select the private rooms, there’s even a TV in each room! Price for a room starts from $90 onwards.
Here’s what I love about Five Stones Hostel!
- Plushy Bed – Top grade orthopaedic spring mattresses and warm snugly quilts. Oh boy! Don’t you feel like sleeping on the bed now?
- Childhood Games – How nostalgic! It certainly brought back some childhood memories of mine since I grew up with them. *old*
- Female-only Dorm – Rejoice girls! More privacy eh? Any ladies keen for a staycation?
- Location – It’s just a 3 mins walk to Clarke Quay MRT. Key tourist attractions, restaurants, nightlife venues, shopping malls are within walking distance or a short 10 mins bus ride away.
- Deals & Discounts – The hostel has collaborated with nearby tourist attractions, F&B outlets and spas to provide deals and discounts for its guests!
Do check out Five Stones Hostel for a nostalgic hostel experience. smile
P/S: Pics by nadnut and I!